Phillips Law Offices Web Based Immigration Law

It is much easier to buy a gun than to immigrate to America, and the current political environment adds even more stress and uncertainty. In addition, immigration laws and regulations are extremely difficult to understand, requiring multiple forms and supporting documents, which deter many foreigners from attempting to emigrate to America. Our goal is simple: To simplify the complicated immigration process, minimize your stress, and complete the immigration process as quickly as possible.

We know you have a lot of choices in how to proceed with your immigration matter from “do it yourself”, online “form packages”, to “discount” lawyer services. But to be honest, when it comes to choosing how to proceed with one of the most important decisions in you and your family’s life, cheaper is not always better.

We embrace technology and innovation at every turn. We constantly ask how we can use new tools to improve our client’s experience. We Are Your Online Immigration Web Based Law Firm. Is it inconvenient for you to drive to meet an immigration lawyer? Meet Michael Phillips, founder of Phillips Law Offices. We serve clients in the greater Sacramento region, California and around the world with immigration issues. Now a great immigration attorney is never more than a mouse click away!

  • Client Web Portal: Access your file from anywhere in the world when it is convenient to you.

  • 24/ 7 Secure Access to Your File: Regardless of time zone, we use the secure client portal to collect the documents we will need to prepare an excellent application packet for you, that you can review at anytime from anywhere.

  • Secure Message Center: Most lawyers don’t realize email isn’t secure. We do. We use “bank grade” data encyryption for all client communication.

  • Unlimited Access to Your Immigration Lawyer: Unlike cheap “form services” or discount lawyers, you can talk to your attorney as much as you need to, when you need to.

  • Direct Immigration Attorney Contact: If you’re paying for a lawyer, we think you should work with a lawyer, not support staff.

  • Price Transparency: For most clients, after our initial consultation we’re able to quote a clear, flat rate so there are no surprises.

  • “Smarter. Faster. Better”: After you complete our simple questionnaires we will prepare all the required legal forms within two business days.

  • Multilingual Intake Questionnaires: We use foreign language intake questionnaires, so it’s easier when family is abroad.

  • Visa Tracking: We track your case with USCIS from start to finish, so you don’t have to. We will be there with you at each stage of the process.

We welcome the opportunity to discuss you or your family’s immigration matter with you. Please contact our office at 530-265-0186 to schedule a confidential, no charge consultation, or email us with any questions you may have from the ‘contact us’ button at the bottom of this page.


Family Immigration

We help citizens and legal residents apply to bring spouses and other family members into the country. We can prepare your family visa petition and assist you through the entire green card process. Whether it’s a parent, spousal, child, sibling-based petition or non-marital family immigration visas, our goal is to simplify the complicated immigration process, minimize your stress, and unite you with your family as quickly as possible.


Immigrant Visas

There are two kinds of visas: Immigrant visas, for non-citizens wishing to live in the U.S. permanently and Non-immigrant visas, for non-citizens wishing to reside in the U.S. for a specified period of time (or while waiting for an immigrant visa)


Non-Immigrant Visas

The United States legal system defines a non-immigrant USA visa as a temporary stay in the country. This means that you will visit the U.S for a short period of time, for reasons such as tourism, business, and others, but will not stay in the U.S. permanently. Those who want to permanently move to the United States to live and work there, need to apply for an Immigrant Visa.


Student & Exchange Program Visas

If you have a residence in a foreign country which you have no intention of abandoning, and you who wish to come to the United States to pursue a course of study at an academic institution accredited by the USCIS, you may qualify for an F-1 or M-1 student visa. In addition, applicants may qualify for a J-1 & J-2 Exchange Visitor Visa if they are coming to the United States to participate in a program of studies, or cultural enrichment specifically designed by the United States Department of State. Individuals who qualify under this category are trainees, scholars, professors, teachers, medical graduates, students, and trainees and are sponsored by university, private sector or government program.


Green Card (Legal Permanent Residents)

A green card identifies its holder as a U.S. permanent resident, with rights to enter, exit, work and live in the United States for their entire life—and to eventually apply for U.S. citizenship. But before you think about applying for U.S. permanent residence, make sure you're eligible under one of the following categories.


Naturalization & U.S. Citizenship

Phillips Law Offices represents foreign-born individuals in applications for naturalization. We also provide determinations of whether an individual may have derived U.S. citizenship through parents or grandparents, and handle appeals of denials of citizenship or naturalization applications.


Humanitarian Relief

The United States immigration system offers humanitarian relief to victims of physical or mental abuse, natural catastrophes, persecution and other unsafe scenarios in the U.S. and abroad. Such benefits were intended to protect and offer safe refuge to vulnerable individuals facing dangerous circumstances. At Phillips Law Offices we offer immigration services to asylum seekers, victims of domestic violence, abuse, and natural disasters in immigration court and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).


Waivers of Ineligibility (“Hardship Waiver” )

Under federal law, certain groups of foreign nationals are ineligible for U.S. visas. For example, a foreign national who's deemed a security threat or who has medical issues that pose a danger to public health will be denied entry into the U.S. The screening process has two parts. First, a U.S. Consulate officer in the applicant's home country determines whether the applicant is eligible for a visa. Second, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers conduct a screening upon the applicant's arrival to the U.S. Certain aliens who are otherwise ineligible for a visa may be able to obtain a waiver of ineligibility.


Post Criminal Conviction Relief

Convictions are very difficult to overturn. But it may still be possible for non-citizens to avoid removal even if they get convicted of a deportable offense.

For example, we may be able to file a Padilla motion requesting the court to withdraw the immigrant's guilty plea. If the court agrees, then the immigrant will have a chance to take a better plea with no deportation consequences. Learn more about post-conviction relief in California.


Criminal Defense of Immigrants

A criminal conviction can result in the deportation of an immigrant legally residing in the United States. If you are a legal permanent resident, or are undocumented or overstayed your visa, and have been arrested on a criminal charge, you should seek representation by a criminal attorney for the criminal charge, and representation of a knowledgeable immigration attorney who understands the consequences of criminal convictions. Mr. Phillips has over 30 years successfully representing individuals charged with crimes never losing sight to be supportive and nonjudgmental.


Deportation Defense

Removal proceedings are hearings held before an immigration judge to determine whether an individual may remain in the United States. Removal proceedings begin when the government alleges an individual does not have valid immigration status or an individual has done something to end otherwise valid immigration status.

If you face a removal hearing and the possibility of deportation, we may be able to help you. Relief from deportation may be in the form of cancellation of removal, waivers of inadmissibility, asylum, motions to suppress, adjustment of status, humanitarian relief, or temporary protected status (TPS).