Truck Accident Resource Links
If you were involved in an accident with a commercial truck, such as a big rig or delivery truck, you'll need to work with your insurance company. However, you should contact a truck accident lawyer immediately as critical evidence can be lost with the passage of time. Below, you will find links to a number of federal and non-governmental resources to help you better prepare your claim.
Don't delay, be sure and seek prompt medical attention first if you have been injured in an accident.
- American Trucking Associations - The ATA serves as an advocate for the trucking industry, providing information and research on the trucking industry (including highway and truck driver safety).
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance - Organization made up of industry representatives and safety officials from various governmental entities, offering research and suggestions to help standardize truck safety measures throughout North America.
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration - Division of the U.S. Department of Transportation, offering safety programs, regulations, and facts related to the prevention of commercial motor vehicle-related injuries and fatalities.
- Insurance Information Institute - Highway safety section includes information on vehicle safety, insurance, and more.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety / Highway Loss Data Institute - The "large trucks" section features fatality statistics, regulatory policies, safety ratings, and related safety information.
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Traffic Enforcement (NHTSA) - In-depth information about the enforcement of commercial vehicle safety laws and regulations, and their enforcement.
- National Safety Council: Safety on the Road - General information about defensive driving, focusing on the road, and other safety considerations for motorists.
- Truck Driving Safety Tips (American Family Insurance) - Practical safety tips for commercial truck drivers, covering topics such as distracted driving and the importance of checking and rechecking blind spots.
- Commercial Vehicles (AAA Exchange) - Truck safety education and advocacy organization created by AAA, with information about the causes of truck accidents and safety tips.